Academic Credentials Office
Campus Center: A-1020
Phone: (815) 280-2720 or (815) 280-2826

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Closed on Fridays May 19-Aug 4

Transcript Evaluation

Student in Hallway

For questions on transferring to JJC, contact us at

Students that are transferring from other colleges who want their credits evaluated for a certificate or degree from JJC must take the following steps.

  1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office.
  2. Request your official transcripts from the college(s) you have previously attended be sent to: Joliet Junior College, Academic Credentials Office, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938.  JJC does accept electronic transcripts at
  3. Complete a transcript evaluation form.  This form is for college transcripts only.
  4. View your academic summary on eResources in approximately four to six weeks for your evaluated transfer credit and the JJC equivalencies.

For information on the admissions process, see the reverse transfer page.

JJC does not accept faxed transcripts.

Advanced Placement

Advanced placement can be attained by taking examinations in the Advanced Placement program sponsored by the College Board. The results of these tests form the basis for awarding college credit to those students who have passed one or more tests with satisfactory grades. Students who have taken these examinations should request that their official scores be sent to the academic credentials analyst in the Registration and Records office.

AP Exams and Course Equivalents (PDF)