What is the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) grant?
- The WIOA grant is set up to aid qualifying individuals with assistance for education/training towards high growth, in demand occupations.
- WIOA funding is designed to train people in short-term certificate or associates degree programs.
- The grant is easy, at no cost, and would potentially give you the opportunity for further education.
Certified Training Assistance for:
- Process Operations Technology
- Nurse Assistant and Advanced Nurse Assistant
- Medical and Administrative Assistant
- Health Information Technology
- Truck Driving
- And many more!
WIOA Training Eligibility
Recognize yourself in any of these scenarios?
- Laid-off, downsized, or company went out of business, and you need a new job
- Unemployed and struggling to find a job
- Job searching for a long time with little or no results
- Underpaid, underemployed or under trained
- Your education or skills don’t match your career interest
- Self-employed for many years and now faced with looking for new employment
- Youth ages 16-24 years and in need of education or training beyond high school
How Do I Apply?
1. Download the eligibility packet
Adult and Dislocated Worker Training Scholarship
Young Adult Training Scholarship
High School Equivalency Eligibility Packet for Youth ages 16 to 24
2. Complete the eligibility packet and gather the necessary documents of support
3. Call (815) 942-0566 to schedule an intake appointment and learn about your next steps