Financial Aid/Veterans Office

Main Campus: A-1020 (Campus Center)
Phone: (815) 280-2528
Fax: (815) 280-2547

Office Hours:

*Times subject to change
Main Campus:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am-6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
(Closed on Fridays during the summer: May 19-Aug 4)

Romeoville Campus FA Advisors will be available:
Monday & Wednesday:  8:00am-6:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday:  8:00am-4:30pm
Friday:  8:00am-4:00pm
(Closed on Fridays during the summer: May 19-Aug 4)

Special Office Hours:

The Saturday before first day of Fall/Spring semester


Supporting Our Veterans - Click for more information 

Pace Ride Share 


Financial Aid FAQ

Should I do the Admissions or Financial Aid process first?

When and how do I apply for financial aid?

What is JJC's Title IV school code?

What is the IRS data retrieval tool on the FAFSA and should I use it?

How do I know if I am dependent or independent?

Who is considered my parent on the FAFSA?

What if I don't live with my parents or they refuse to help me with my college education?

What types of aid am I considered for when completing the FAFSA?

How can I check the status of my financial aid information/account?

What is JJC's cost of attendance (COA)?

If I am awarded work-study funds, how do I find a job?

If I am not eligible for financial aid, what other options are available to me?

Do I have to fill out a FAFSA to apply for a student loan?

Are there scholarships available?

Do I need to complete the FAFSA if I'm only applying for scholarships?

How will receiving outside scholarships affect my financial aid?

What do I do if my company will pay for may classes?

What is a Job Grant book voucher?

What are Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress?

To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate. You must meet JJC's Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress Policy.

Will previous unsuccessful semesters affect my financial aid even if I paid for classes myself?

Can I get loans if my financial aid has been terminated due to Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress?

What is a complete Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress appeal?

What is a special circumstance and how do I report it?

What happens if I drop a class or stop attending without withdrawing?

Can I re-take a class for a better grade?

Can I take classes that are not needed for my degree?

Can my financial aid cover charges for student housing at Centennial Commons?

Does financial aid cover the summer?

When will my Pell check and Loan check be disbursed?

Will my financial aid change from year to year?

What is drop for non-payment?

How can I get an itemized tuition receipt?