The Veterinary Medical Technology Program has special admissions criteria and limited enrollment. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the requirements are met and all necessary documentation is on file. Only complete files will be considered.
Steps to Apply for Veterinary Medical Technology Program:
Please note: Applications for Veterinary Medical Technology Program will be available online January 1st - June 1st.
- Complete a
JJC Application for Admission 2017.pdf
- Read the Veterinary Medical Technology Program Admissions Policy and Procedure manual (PDF)
- Submit an official, sealed, high school transcript or high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC), to the Admissions office.
- If you are seeking to transfer all educational, college or training program transcripts attended after high school, submit official transcripts to Registration and Records.
- Submit and complete a transcript evaluation request form.
- Take the
- Check to make sure you've met all admissions criteria.
- Complete the Veterinary Medical Technology Application. The application is available January 1st to June 1st for students who have met the Veterinary Medical Technology admissions criteria.
- Investigate financial aid and scholarships at the
paying for college page.
- Go to the
ID / user name / password help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
- When Placement Testing is complete and students with previous college credits have received their JJC Transfer Credit Evaluation, you must make an appointment with a Veterinary Medical Technology advisor to plan for the program. Call (815) 280-2746 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Register for courses.
- Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at
- Purchase your textbooks at the
- Students with documented disabilities should contact
Disability Services (STAR) to arrange accommodations.
- Visit the
next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.
The Office of Admissions will acknowledge receipt of your application and indicate any missing items. A student's file will not be reviewed until all of the above-mentioned paperwork is received by the Office of Admissions.
Additional information about Vet-Tech Program can be found at the
Veterinary Medical Technology Program Web site or email
Check to be sure you've met all the admissions criteria by contacting the Admissions Office, A-1049. Call Sandra Barrera (815) 280-2247 or e-mail