Admissions Office

Main Campus: A-1020 (Campus Center)
Phone: (815) 280-2493
Fax: (815) 280-6740

Office Hours:

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
(Closed on Fridays during the summer: May 19-Aug 4)

Special Office Hours:


  • The Saturday before first day of Fall/Spring semester 9:00am – 2:00pm*
  • Spring Break week (Monday-Friday) 7:30am - 4:30pm

*Time subject to change


Find Us On Facebook

Supporting Our Veterans - Click for more information 

Pace Ride Share 


Next Steps

Culinary Students

Once you have submitted an application, there are several other steps you should take to help you in the transition to college.

Username and ID

New students and applicants are provided free JJC student email accounts. Access your account by clicking on the 'check email' icon on the above toolbar. You can obtain your JJC username, password and student ID number by clicking on ID/username/password help.


All first time, full time, students need to submit an official, sealed, high school transcript or high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC) transcript to the JJC Admissions Office at Main Campus, room A-1020.
All reverse transfer students need to request your official transcript from the college(s) previously attended and send to: Joliet Junior College, Academic Credentials office, 1215 Houbolt, Joliet, IL 60431-8938. Submit a JJC tra​nscript evaluation request form. For more information see the transcript evaluation page. You may also call the Academic Credentials office at (815) 280-2803.

Placement Testing

Take Placement Tests. Visit The Academic Skills ​Center website to receive more information on Placement testing, testing centers, and testing resources.

Financial Aid and Bill Payment

Go to the paying for college page and learn more about financial aid, scholarships, tuition, bill payment and more. Fill out your FAFSA online application.

New Student Orientation

All first time, full time students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. Please visit the New Student Orientation website for more information.

Counseling and Advising

See the counseling and advising page for information on academic advisers, career counseling, and other programs.

Disability Services

Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (STAR) to arrange accommodations.


Visit the registration page to learn about signing up for classes and the registration process.

Student Housing

Learn about student housing at the Centennial Commons page.

Support Programs and Services

Several programs exist at JJC to assist students. See the support programs and services page to learn more.